Why?" Some of you may be wondering. While others amongst us are thinking,
"It's about time!" You ask me why? Well I say...
To quote Zack DeLaRocha, "What better place than here? What better time
- Because a guy like Tod Ridgeway can be
Mayor of this town.
- Because Gary Proctor
lived in San Jose and served on our council for years and no one said anything
- Because the Daily Pilot is a joke.
- For Steve Bromberg, Bob
Burnham, Homer Bludau, and Dan Trimble.
- For Windows on the Bay, the Old Cannery, Snug Harbor, Sid, Buzz, Aysia 101, dancing
at El Ranchito, late night Chronic Tacos, and beer with our Hottie's Pizza!
- For Jim Fournier and TalesOfBalboa.com.
- Because I don't feel that the NB City Council represents me or anyone I know on the
- Because I don't want to see the NB City Council turn our peninsula into a luxury resort for the rich and snooty.
- Because I'm tired of seeing the NB Police violate people's civil rights.
- Because I didn't want to celebrate my 4th of July in lockdown, handed down by the
NB City Council, and enforced by the NB Police.
- Because I'm tired of hearing that I'm "just a renter."
- Because I'm tired of going to the beach to relax only to hear the
helicopter over my head, and their 4-wheelers and SUV's driving on the sand.
- Because I'm tired of the NB City Council driving our bars out of business.
- Because I can't turn on my stereo at night, but they can fly that dam
helicopter over my house for hours, due to "suspicious noises"! (see "Ghetto Bird")
- For my 4,000 fellow neighbors who rent, work too hard, and don't have time
to fight back!
- Because I'm tired of the NB City Council passing laws that they know would
probably be found to be unconstitutional if ever challenged.
- But most of all - BECAUSE I'M TIRED OF NOT DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!