The goal of FreeNewport! is to inform, educate, and motivate
the residents and businesses of West Newport through all
legal and peaceful means so that they are aware of important issues in our city council,
they are justly represented
in the city council, and to ensure that their opinions are heard
and taken into account.
WE WILL EXPOSE:
1) New laws or restrictions which target the residents, restaurants, and/or alcohol establishments
of West Newport.
2) City Council members who do not act in the interests of the
residents / businesses of West Newport, especially those that claim to represent
3) The night time use of the Newport Beach police helicopter ("The
Ghetto Bird") for routine, non-emergency calls over residential neighborhoods.
4) Police officers who violate our civil rights. In
particular, the 4th Amendment,
which protects us against illegal search and seizures.
1) To increase West Newport voter registration, awareness,
2) To identify and promote candidates for the NB City
Council who we feel will aggressively fight for the residents
(both renters and homeowners) and businesses of West Newport.
3) To introduce to the NB City Council a resolution
that would serve as a guideline for the use of the
Newport Beach police helicopter over residential neighborhoods at night.
4) To promote a better relationship between the residents of West
Newport and the Newport Beach Police Department, through both communication and